AIRKONV 2.0 - Classic (Print and Remain Connected)
Only one box plus external DC power adapter and if needed its USB wifi antenna will be enough to connect your iPad/iPhone to your Printer DNP via Airprint. This box is a wifi/router and printer driver. (An external computer is NOT required).
The Airkonv will allow your iPad APP to print (via the App that use Airprint) to a Printer and remain connected to internet in the same time.
Internet not required to print.
Check this youtube video.
Free Shipping Worldwide is included wherever you are based from our factory in China or if stock are available from our others base in USA, Australia and France.
if not available in this shop, please check out this Product's link to the Shop Warehouse (Shipping Worldwide Available). The price is in $USD.
- 1 Airkonv 2.0 With Internal 2Ghz or 5Ghz (default)
- 1 Airkonv Power Adapter to micro-USB DC 5V-3A
- 1 External USB wifi Antenna 2.4 Ghz
- 1 Start Up Guide
Printers DNP 620, DNP RX1, DNP RX1 HS, Mitsubishi CP-D70W, CP-D80W and Fuji Ask 300.
More than 2000+ Drivers can be adapt at today. Before we certify the compatibility, we have to test them one by one and adapt too our interface to have the best result possible.
DNP DS40 only the most recent one as this printer has been discontinued
Mitsubishi CP-80DW (The Quality with Mitsubishi is Ok but not good enough. If you buy it, we advise you that you might not appreciate the result and we are trying our best to improve it but at the moment it is not perfect at all)
Other Printers will be available soon.
USB Sim Card Dongle (Not Included)
Certify Compatible with the Huawei USB Sim Card Dongle E3372 without the wifi option.
Why an external Antenna 2Ghz
The range of the internal Wifi will not match the range of the external Antenna that will be wider (use of an antenna).
Also with some App, the sending queue for the Social Media can jam the system with all the back and forward if we use only one channel.
There are many technical advantages to separate the network with the external Antenna.
The only small disadvantage is the place that it takes. However the antenna can be also place outside to increase the reception range.
Apple® iOS App Compatibility
Check this Link for the latest compatibility list.
Printing format Via Apple® iOS Genuine Airprint
4 formats are selectable only via Airprint
- one 2 Auto Cut photos 2x6”
These formats can be enabled or disabled via the Airkonv’s web interface
The format depends of the Printers.
(Useful when used for a printing by a public/random customer in only one format, usually the 4x6”)
Printing format Via Apple® macOS
All format can be print via Wifi direct from your MAC computer (Subject to macOS versions and updates. It did work with some macOS versions and after not. We can not guarantee the compatibility at today and give which versions is working)
Not available via PC.
What’s Airkonv used for
Its main purpose is to print on a specialised photo printer from an Apple® device : iOS or macOS.
It can be connected to via :
- Airkonv’s WIFI access point
- Airkonv’s LAN RJ45 cable connected in DCHP mode to an external router with wifi or not.
- To a Hotspot (some Hotspot are not compatible, subject to your test).
- The new version Airkonv 2 can be connected to another Wifi/Router in DHCP mode that has access to Internet and the Airkonv will be connected to Internet too. The selection of the Wifi and to enter the password is managed by a local web interface embedded in the Airkonv.
- Now with the Internal 5G and the external 2Ghz/5Ghz some jamming can be avoid. But it will still depends of the venue. Check out all the options in this post. The best way to avoid a jamming is to wire at the maximum.
What can the Airkonv do ?
- Print to a DYE Printer (check the compatibility) and remain connected to internet in the same time.
- It is a WiFi router
- WiFi Access Point with unique and fixed SSID and password (the password can not be changed as it is a factory setting)
- It can be connected to another wifi/router with its USB wifi antenna.
- Connection wifi QR code
- It can print through Apple® iOS Genuine Airprint on the compatible printer.
How to connect ?
- To the Airkonv with a unique and fixed WiFi password (wifi Access Point with unique and fixed SSID and password)
- To the other wifi router via the local web interface embedded in the Airkonv that will manage the selection of the Wifi channel and to enter the password.
- Via Temporary QR Code. Wifi credentials are not stored into the connecting device when scanned from QR Code (Functional above iOS 11)
- Click this post that has 7 Diagrams to describe the 7 ways. (Wifi, hotspot, USB dongle, iPad Cellular or Wired)
How to update the firmware ?
- From the version 2.0, the update button is available in the Airkonv's web interface.
- The version 1 has the update to 1.4 and is not compatible with the 2.0 because of a different PCB.
How to get assistance and to follow the new updates?
We will only use the Airkonv's Facebook page to post relevant updates and not Twitter or Instagram.
- Use the messenger of this Facebook page. One of the available person around the world will assist you as soon as we can.
What System ?
- We use a Linux Platform and the auto update of the overall system has been disabled to avoid any external intrusions.
Free Shipping Worldwide, DHL and Time Delivery
- 2.5 cm - 0.98 "
- 9 cm - 3.54 "
- 7 cm - 2.75 "
- Shipping Dimensions
- 22x14x7 cm - 8.6x5.51x2.75 "
- Shipping Weight
- 0.3 kg - 0.662 lbs
- Product Name
- Operating System
- Linux Platform